Why a CHEVROLET VOLT?
Strength: It’s progressive 4 wheel independent suspension straightens out the curves and smoothes out the bumps.
Short Wheel Base: Allows for the Russian Arm mini to rotate 360° with plenty of front and back clearance on a low angle shot.
Roomy Interior: Six people, batteries, chargers, video playback & monitors, patch-bays, com-system, Russian Arm and Flight Head controls, second remote head controls, all fit comfortably.
On/Off-Road shooting platform for:
- Russian Arm mini & gyro-stabilized Flight Head: mounted to Roof
- Chase Car with the gyro-stabilized Flight Head, Locked-off Camera and/or Stills Camera mounted anywhere on the back, front or roof.
- Shock Absorber System: uses the Gyro-stabilized Flight Head mounted left/right/ centre on the back or front bumper Chase Car Max safe operating
Chase Car Advantages
- Safety & Efficiency
- Shoot moving vehicles from just about any & every angle you want.
- Shooting in all weather conditions.
- Shots are setup on the fly & adjusted instantly.
- Sequences can be as dynamic as your imagination (within the laws of physics).
Volt Chase Car Features
HD Record/ Playback
The HD camera image is recorded/played back using the PIX 240i which records Quicktime files in either Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD video formats. Files recorded in these intra-frame codecs are ready-for-editing directly from the recorder. For color-critical applications recording to Apple ProRes 4444 provides uncompressed alpha-channel transparency for superb chroma keying and grading performance.
The video input on the PIX 240i has extensive compatibility with a wide range of cameras. It’s BNC input accepts 12-bit 3G SDI (4:4:4 RGB or YCbCr), HD-SDI, SDI. Its HDMI input accepts high-definition and standard-definition video.
HD/ SD LCD Monitors
5 camera video assist & 3 witness LCD monitors are mounted in various positions inside the Volt. Each monitor has dual inputs
HME Communication System
All in the Chase car can converse at normal speaking levels via HME mic/ headsets that are either open mic or push to talk. The precsion driver(s) are also on the same system so it is like they are in the same vehicle.