What is a Russian Arm Mini System ?
The Russian Arm Mini is the unique combination of the carbon fibre gyro-stabilized Flight Head Mini 3 on the end of a mini version of our famous Rusian Arm.
It is safely operated via joystick consoles from within the Chase Car or Picture Vehicle.
A low profile high speed mobile crane arm used for photographing moving vehicles from just about any & every angle you want in all weather conditions. Shots are setup on the fly & adjusted instantly. Sequences can be as dynamic as your imagination.
One of the most versatile camera arms around: the Filmotechnic Russian Arm “Mini” which can be mounted onto ANY CAR! The Russian Arm Mini is so light, that it can be shipped and attached to almost any vehicle w/ roof rack. Imagine, shooting “car to car” and then able to mount the Russian Arm Mini onto the picture vehicle to capture the car and occupants all via wireless remote control! What about mounting it to an electric car for emissions-free & silent studio work, or on our RZR 4X4… the possibilities are endless!
The flight head mini is Filmotechnic’s smallest, lightest and fully digital flight head: it is made of 100% carbon fiber making this a great tool not only for the Russian Arm Mini but also cable cams, RVRD’s RZR 4×4, shock mounts, jib arms or any other light weight application. The flight head mini comes ready for shooting in one stand alone case that can be shipped simply and easily.
World renown performance: Filmotechnic invented a unique combination of Gyro-Stabilized, remote control cranes and 3 and 4-axis Gyro-Stabilized Flight Heads that Camera Cars has mounted on customized performance vehicles. These specialized Camera Cars Systems eliminate all bumps & vibrations enable film crews to capture dynamic moving sequences resulting in extremely smooth and stable pictures that can be adjusted in real-time from remote settings off camera.
- 360° panning capability around the ML55 or picture vehicle.
- Angle of movement in vertical Tilt plane +50, -40°.
- Max Payload up to 12 kg. (5.5 kg FH Mini + 6.5 kg Camera Package)
- Weight 150 kg.
- Height: 92 cm/ 3 ft + height of chase vehicle. (Good for parking Garages on a Sedan or Station Wagon)
- Reach: 3.5 m/ 10 ft.
- Max Lens Height: 4 m/ 12 ft.
- Pan & Tilt axis are gyro-stabilized.
- Minimum safe operating camera height off the road surface is 12”.
- With an 18 mm lens a full frame top shot can be achieved.
- Speed 5 sec / 360°.
- Set-up Time on Chase Car: 1.25 hours (including camera).
- Set-up Time on a Picture Vehicle: 2.5 hours (not including vehicle’s prep).
- The RA Mini is fully controlled from within the chase car and is capable of operating at speeds up to 120 km/hr.
* Videos & Pictures on this page is the property of the Filmotechnic Team in Amsterdam.